Robia LaMorte Biography
New Info. @ bottom!
- Robia was originally supposed to be a one-time guest star on Buffy the Vampire Slayer (as Jenny Calendar ), but she gained a recurring role because Joss Whedon was so
impressed with her work.
- "Jenny is such a great role! It's wonderful to play a character who is smart, sexy and funny. Really good
writing is so rare and Buffy just gets it all right. It's the kind of
role I've dreamed of since I started my career." -- Robia LaMorte.
- Robia became a professional dancer when she was just 16 and starred in
over 30 music videos
- Robia inspired The Artist Formerly Known As Prince's Diamond and Pearl
- She accompanied The Artist Formerly Known As Prince on his
European tour, acting as lead dancer, and is on the album cover as well
as in several music videos.
- Robia acted as spokesperson for the Artist during his self-imposed public silence.
- She started dancing at age 12 & concentrated on ballet, tap, & jazz.
- When she was working w/ Prince, he would send for her & her dance
partner, Laurie, to fly from LA to Minneapolis in the middle of the night to shoot the videos.
- Robia had never been to a concert herself before she toured w/ Prince.
- Robia's middle name is Brett
- She did not attend her last high school reunion, and was in either the class of '87 or '88.
- Robia was born in Queens, New York, but moved around a great deal growing up.
- "I had kind of a gypsy childhood. I traveled all around the country. My mom is not a freaky gypsy, but she's kind of a nomadic type. I grew up everywhere. I lived in Aspen, CO. I lived in Maryland. I lived in a bunch of the [Florida] Keys, and then I lived in Connecticut, right before I moved out here with my dad, when I was fourteen." - Robia La Morte
- When she was 16 she made her first music video, Debbie Gibson's "Shake Your Love."
- She has appeared in videos from Yanni to Donny Osmand, but she says, "nothing tacky or gross."
- She has been in fashion shows around the world, and toured with many bands, including the Pet Shop Boys and Prince.
- Robia has been on: "The Joan Rivers Show", Howard Stern, "Hard Copy", "Current Affair" and "Inside Edition".
- After Prince, Robia quit dancing and did "Beverly Hills, 90210". She played Jill Fleming, a NY girl involved with Steve Sanders.
- Robia has worked in a number of TV commercials for things like: Oil of Olay, GE, The Gap, and Budweiser. Her most memorable is probably the Mitsubishi commercial she did speaking Italian.
- Robia gets recognised everywhere now:
- "A few months back, I was at 7-Eleven. It was 10 at night. I pop out of my car. This homeless guy is sitting at 7-Eleven panhandling for money. He looks at me and says, 'Hey, you're a friend of Buffy's aren't you?' I look at him, and I smile, and I say, 'Yeah.' And I'm starting to walk into the 7-Eleven and he says, 'Can we spare a little change, Ms. Calendar?' I've seen him a few times now, and I'm like, 'Hey, how are you?' And he says, 'I'm starstruck. I can't talk to you.' He never misses the show." - Robia La Morte
- As a child, Robia was afraid of bugs & sharks. She loved to swim, and she was never really too scared of the dark.
- Robia's favourite line on Buffy is her saying, "That's not where I dangle it."
- Her favourite episode, was "I Robot, You Jane" She loved it, she says.
- Robia was in a TV Guide for 90210 once, with an article about Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy) on All My Children in the same issue.
- Robia La Morte is Robia's real name and it means "The Death."
- As a child, Robia wanted to be a teacher.
- Robia lived in Westport, CT, as a kidm (right near where I live!), the same town as Marlo Thomas, Rodney Dangerfield, Tom Cruise, and Nicole Kidman, etc.
- Robia was raised Catholic, but was never quite satisfied w/ it. She wasn't sure if she believed it. She didnt understand the Jesus thing. She told God she needed a sign. So, a few seconds later a motorcycle gang enveloped her car. She looked at them and they all had crosses on them. Crosses on their hats, shirts, they had bumper stickers that said "we ride for jesus". after that, she was religious.
- She strongly believes in Evil and wasnt too happy with Ms. C coming back to Buffy as The First Evil.
- She recently bought her first computer, and doesnt quite know how to use it yet.
- Robia is currently working on a new series for the WB (she plays a nurse), she stars in the Jay Lowi-directed film, "12 Stops on the Road to Nowhere", which will be shown at the Slamdance Film Festival in January 1999 and she's penning a screenplay w/ a friend.
- FOOD: Sweets. "does that count as food? I like to eat."
- TV SHOW: "Ally McBeal"
- MOVIES: "The Joy Luck Club", "Braveheart".
- HOBBY: Excercising, "I like to run".
- COLOUR: Blue - (Black to wear.)
- BOOK: The Bible & "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis.
- SPORT: "C'mon, Gimme a break. I'm a girl. I don't follow any sports at all."
- IF SHE CHANGED...HER NAME TO A SYMBOL: "I wouldn't change my name to a symbol. [Laughs] Maybe I'd be the symbol of love - a heart. Something glowing, silly. The cross maybe."
- Los Angeles County High School for the Performing Arts
- Dupree Dance Academy
- That was Robia speaking Italian in a red sports car for a Mitsubisi
- Robia is in the Capcom Playstation game Fox Hunt (Since she was in the movie) It is said that Robia plays a singer. It is also available for a PC Computer.
- It is rumoured that Robia is in the new Oatmeal Crisp commercial.
|HOME|Robia/Jenny Photo Galleries.|
Thank you to MCTP for various information.